Friday, March 29, 2013

Hey Interwebs!

It's certainly not that I haven't been thinking about you these past three days. I've thought about this blog every.single.day. I just haven't had the time to sit down and type. And that's ok.

Everyday, I went to work at 7am. Everyday, I left somewhere between 4 and 5. Everyday, I went to yoga. Well, Wednesday, I cleaned and put away laundry and went for the best shopping experience ever at Earthfare before visiting some friends to retrieve Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptart ice cream and an antique sewing machine. Everyday, I've shared food and time with someone I love. Everyday, I've been in bed around 9pm.

It hasn't been crazy, but I've enjoyed every single day. Today and tomorrow are well planned, busy days, so I'm glad I had three good days to delight in.

My yoga teacher this afternoon encouraged us all to just let go of what we were thinking of - trying to guess what's next. She said, "I have my weekends well-planned by Monday afternoon. That robs me of being in the present because I'm always thinking of what's coming up." And I do the same thing. How do I stop that? Does lack of planning mean lack of productivity? Probably not. What would happen if I went a whole week without any planning? Oy. It's giving me anxiety just thinking about it!

We'll see.

Anyway, here are a few other things that have been on my radar.

This post about changing your health and your habits. I love Andrea.

High Straightenence: Organzing Your Pantry

One of the reasons why I LOVE my city.

The Most Important Part is Just Show Up.

This girl. And all of her books that I want to read. (Don't judge me.)

Well said. I'm not a parent, but we've all had these life days. It's ok.

I don't know if I'll get back here tomorrow and Sunday, but I will try my best.

xo.

This Day 37 of 100 Days of Blogging.

1 comment:

Craig Archer said...

Staying in the present requires that you focus on the now. Be here and remind yourself frequently to look around and observe how you are feeling now while letting go of the future and past. Hard to do but you will get glimpses of the present and it is amazing.