Thursday, March 07, 2013

Yesterday was HARD. By the end of the day, all I could do was lie my little head down and close my eyes. That's why all you got was a photo. A photo, however, that is a sentiment to what I'm going to be doing. I'm gonna make it happen - whatever it ends up being.

Today was not so hard. Today was spent answering to no one for anything at any time. There was baking, cleaning, cooking, walking and watching - GAME OF THRONES! Ah. I'm so sucked into it. I watched two... three episodes already and I've promised myself another after dinner.

This is exactly the sort of day I needed.

As it turns out, life is full of pressure. Oddly enough, most of the pressure just comes from ourselves. Why do we do that?!

I've learned a lot about myself over the past 48 hours, too. It's all good. But I'm not perfect. And, in the end, it's not even all about me. I am not serving myself. I am not even serving this world. I must remember to filter my actions and "In a humble (gentle, modest) spirit, receive and welcome the Word which implanted and rooted [in your hearts] contains the power to save your souls." (James 1:21bAMP)

Have you ever thought of a Soul Detox? I hadn't until I saw that link via Jenna at Eat Live Run.

I think my life is about to be very busy. I know that's vague, but I have that feeling that you get at the top of the rollercoaster right before it drops - a great big mix of excitement and fear and nonstop-ness. (That's not a word, but I'm using it anyway.)

This is Day 15 of 100 Days of Blogging.

2 comments:

Craig Archer said...

I have to respectfully disagree. You are perfect. You are exactly as you need to be to move to the next day, goal, and adventure. I had a hard day yesterday as well. I was robbed. They took my bike and computer.

Erin Gail said...

Oh no, Craig! That's awful. Was it from your home or were you out? Any idea if they'll find the person?