Sunday, March 03, 2013

You know your go-to recipe? The one you always have ingredients on hand for? It's the recipe you can whip up on a moment's notice to feed some unexpected guests or take to party to wow your friends.

My go-to recipe I stole. This is a recipe I got from my very best friend. He made it for me a few times and it's so simple that I made it for him one night as a surprise and BAM! now I make it all the time. So delish - I never get tired of it. 

unofficially called ooey gooey layered bean dip goodness
In a deep baking dish (preferably with a lid) layer (this is the order I put them into the dish, but I think it's really neither here nor there) the following ingredients:
  • package of cream cheese (I use 1/3 less fat)
  • can of well-rinsed low sodium black beans
  • jasmine rice (I cook a 1/2 cup ahead of time)
  • can of well-rinsed Rotel (tomatoes and diced chilis)
  • 1/2 -1 cup of frozen corn
  • can of vegetarian refried beans
  • layer of pickled jalapeƱos 
Then sprinkle the top with your choice of cheese. We recommend mexican, pepper jack or cheddar. Cover your dish and place in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes - long enough for it to get ooey gooey with bubbly cheese on top. 

I eat mine in a bowl with sour cream or avocado (if they're ripe) and salsa. You can eat it with chips or dig in with a fork. And, it's best accompanied by a Corona & lime. 

Don't know what to do when enjoying such goodness?

I've been watching Game of Thrones (Season 3 starts at the end of this month). Or blog reading - today The Wunder Year that I first read about on Lululemon's blog. The idea of wear yoga pants every day for a year sounds both amazingly comfortable and terrifying (um, spandex in public??). 

Enjoy!

This is Day 11 of 100 Days of Blogging.

1 comment:

Craig Archer said...

You are the master Erin. My go to recipe is Ravioli in a can.