I just woke up from a nap. Three hours is till just a nap, right? It's nowhere near the called for eight hours of sleep, but it is certainly a little bit more than just a twenty minute power nap.
I guess the first day of summer is cause for a three hour nap celebration. Am I right?
Plus, boy, I was just tired. This week has been a whirlwind of work, wedding, and personal trials.
Anyway, here are some things I've been thinking about this week:
- McDonald's and their cheeseburgers with those little diced onions. Noms. So, I went there today and ordered a #2. No shame.
- The Farmer's Market. I bought delicious blueberries and tomatoes and nutty goodness. I also bought some beautiful flowers. And I was accompanied by my lovely and talented friend, Kate. I hope I always live near a Farmer's Market and that I always have such awesome people in my life.
- Death. A friend's mom passed away this week. When tragedy strikes, what do you do? Nice words are a good place to begin, but then what? I'm so sorry for your loss, dear Jesse. Your mother did such a mighty fine job in her lifetime. xo.
- Podcasts. I've been listening to Joy and Tracy on the Joy the Baker Podcast. It reminds about ... life! Life outside of work, wedding planning, and personal trials. It also reminds me of California and New Orleans and my deep desire to travel and be near the people I love.
- Blogs. Blogging. Simplifying. Simple. Let's do it. (This only makes sense to me.)
- Marriage. Woah. That's happening soon. There are invitations to print and address. And stuff to move. And lives to combine. And woah. If you've ever taken two totally separate lives with two totally separate pasts and combined them into one, then you get it.
- Bible Journaling. Who has tips? Where do I start? How do I know I'm interpreting it correctly?
- Cold Brew Coffee. It's what keeps me going. It makes summer the best.