Thursday, April 04, 2013

Oh my goodness - so much has been happening! And right now I should be putting away my laundry or doing some dishes, but I am dedicated to writing this post. Also, I hate putting away laundry and doing dishes.

Yoga. Easter. Kittens. Family. CSA. Cookies. His & Hers donuts. Toms. Chipotle. Oil change. Thug Kitchen. And so on and so forth. The best way to keep up with it all would be to look at my instagram or hack into my iMessages. (Please don't do the latter.)

What I am going to write today, however, is going to be about cookies. The Perfect Single Serving Cookies (for eating two or sharing). Here we go!

I was having a dilemma the other day after work. Should I:

a. go to yoga
b. take a nap
c. eat a cookie

What I really wanted was both b and c, but I convinced myself that I wanted c more and if I was going to eat a cookie, then I needed to go to yoga. So, a and c. Then the dilemma of, do I bake an entire batch of cookies or buy a cookie? Never fear! Pinterest to the rescue! This recipe caught my eye and here is my rendition of it:

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons (about halfway melted) butter
2 firmly packed tablespoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoon of white sugar
A pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (don't skimp)
1 egg yolk (I don't care what you do with the white)
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 ish cup of All-Purpose flour (ish means more in this case)
3 heaping tablespoons of dark chocolate chips

1. In a cereal sized bowl, mix butter and sugars. (I used a fork.)
2. Add egg yolk and vanilla. Mix again.
3. Add the salt, baking soda and flour. Mix. If your dough seems runny, add a wee bit of flour.
4. Stir in those yummy dark chocolate morsels.
5. Form two cookie dough mounds on a baking sheet. (My dough was too sticky for rolling into balls.) And make sure they are several inches apart because are cookies are going to be sizable!
6. Bake for about 12 minutes at 350 degrees. Until they are nice and golden all over.
7. Remove baking sheet. Give it a nice little drop on the counter to deflate the cookies. Let cool.
8. Enjoy!

We made these two nights in a row because they were so simple and SO DELICIOUS. And then there's no guilt involved because you ate a dozen freshly baked cookies because you only have two. (Crisis averted!)

If you try them out then, let me know what you think! And if you adapt them, then I'd love to know what changes you made, too!

This is Day (Something. I'll do the math later) of 100 Days of Blogging.

Thanks for sticking with me :)

1 comment:

Craig Archer said...

Wow that was a long blog.