Wednesday, April 17, 2013

photo credit
This is Day 56 of 100 Days of Blogging. I haven't been committed to it though. I think that's obvious to all of you. My apologies. My apologies to you for setting an expectation I didn't follow through on. My apologies to me for spending so much time trying to do and be what and who I thought I was supposed to do and be... when really all I wanted to do was 100 Days of Blogging.

I haven't decided yet if today was the worst day ever or just a big wake up call. Nevertheless, it has been utterly disappointing. And today I will wallow. I just finished The Fault In Our Stars - providing both sadness and a perspective shift. Now, I will eat Chickfila or boxed macaroni cheese or something equally unhealthy. I will order new shoes to try and make my feet happy. I will lie around feeling defeated. I will try to focus on anything other than the pounding coming from my head, but will eventually be defeated at that, so I'll take a nap. I will pity party all the live long day.

I can do that and write about it and talk about it because I know today is not the end of the world. My life and hope cannot actually be defeated. And pity parties are excellent excuses to eat waffle fries and start over tomorrow.

And if you're having the same sort of day as me, then I hope you find some sort of solace in my post and some sort hope in this other post I stumbled upon today.

Take a deep breath and try showing yourself some grace today. If you feel like you're behind, just know you're not, and enjoy your story wherever it is. And trust that no matter what time zone you might be in right now, the sun will come up.

1 comment:

Craig Archer said...

Life is full of ups and downs. That is the nature of existence. Wallow as you will but not for long you have only one today to enjoy and then it is gone. Your expectations are yours and yours alone. No apologies are needed unless you want to apologize to yourself. You need not apologize to anyone because we all love you for who you are.