Tuesday, January 02, 2007

so everybody put your best suit or dress on

I rang in the New Year with some amazing people and with Matt Jones by my side. I'm still not sure how I got so lucky...

I wish the world was flat like the old days, then i could travel just by folding a map. No more airplanes, or speed trains, or freeways. There'd be no distance that could hold us back.

Looking back at 2006, there are so many things I wish to remember. So many things that were amazing and so many things that made me take a good look at myself. I'm glad because 2005 was a kick in the ass and I had no desire to remember it.

I hope that these next three hundred and sixty some odd days are filled with more moments I want to commit to memory and more people I don't want to live without.

This year, I'm going to graduate and go into the "real world" and not be surrounded by the comfort of my city and my friends. And I'm scared. I'm terrified to leave and to have everything change even if I'm taking some of my friends with me. And this is way scarier than going to college because this is the beginning of forever and I don't know where forever is going to take me.

But I'm excited. I'm excited because I do have some plans. I'm excited because I'm moving to another city I love. I'm excited because Matt and I will live in the same state again. I'm excited because I'll be able to spend more time with my family. I'm excited because I'm going to see some amazing music. I'm excited because I'm not quite sure what this year will hold and not knowing is kind of a thrill.

Mostly, I'm excited because I do know that it's going to be good. If I keep asking God what it is I'm supposed to be doing, he'll keep guiding me. And I know he wants me to succeed and be happy even more than I do.

So this is the new year and I have no resolutions for self assigned penance, for problems with easy solutions.

No comments: