Monday, January 29, 2007

no it's not, not what it seems

Matt no longer has homework.

Normally, when he has 15 or so free minutes, he uses them to do homework, so he can go to bed 15 minutes earlier (since he wakes up at 3:30 every morning). I respect that and I think it makes him a better and more responsible person than me.

Tonight, he had 15 free mintues and he used them to call me because he's amazing.

I just thought I'd share that.

Partially because the irony is that I'm using "free minutes" to blog instead of doing the five million and one other things I have to do. Hmm.

Life would be so much easier if I didn't have homework. Lots of it. So much reading. So many group projects. Tests. Quizzes. Nonsense to keep up with.

I'm doing a strategic management project on Starbucks Corporation.

You don’t stand in line at Starbucks® just to buy a cup of coffee. You stop for the experience surrounding the cup of coffee. Too many of us line up for God out of duty or guilt. We completely miss the warmth and richness of the experience of living with God. If we’d learn to see what God is doing on earth, we could participate fully in the irresistible life that he offers. (The Gospel According to Starbucks)

I say the same thing all the time. My real observations are often silent. Kind of like appreciation. Which I think is okay.

To all the people doing lines - Don't do it, don't do it. Inject your soul with liberty. It's free, it's free.

2 comments:

Megan said...

when i was in germany my stepdad threatened to send me home early because i wasn't "appreciating what is around me." the only difference was my friend who was with me appreciates/observes VERY outwardly whereas my truest appreciation is the silent kind...so i understand that your real observations are almost always silent.

did i tell you thati went to cool beans saturday night (after seeing yall are work that afternoon) and saw tony there?! crazy!

Tupacs Love Child said...

Cranberries, Salvation... Good song. And yes, Matt is amazing, and so are you!