Saturday, January 20, 2007

the road to you is long and i've been on it for a while

I know it's sometimes hard, but knowing just oh that we will get along 'til we're old and gray and doubled up.

I have a fear of apathy. It keeps me in a constant battle against frustration.

Last night we didn't leave work until 1:30. It was ridiculous.

I got a new journal. There was one I really wanted that was covered in little colorful squares made of bone, but it was $25 and I can't commit to a journal that costs that much when I'm so fickle with my other ones.

I finished The Glass Castle. I only cried twice. The first time already blogged about. The second time was during the very last section of the book when she says, "I'd never met a man I would rather spend time with." And she begins to list some of the reasons she loves her husband. Some of them are silly and some of them are worth tearing up over.

I bought a new book. Silly since I have a stack next to my bed to read already. Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck. It is a travelogue by Steinbeck which documents the road trip he took with his poodle around the United States in 1960. For three months these companions traveled the nation, meeting friends, strangers, relatives and immersing themselves in the fabric of the country as it was at that time.

I should do that.

I am very far away from lots of important things in my life. And that makes me uncomfortable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

travels with charley is a wonderful book.