Monday, January 08, 2007

that's the way this wheel keeps working

And airports, see it all the time
Where someone's last goodbye
Blends in with someone's sigh
Cause someone's coming home

alieatusc: just to put things in perspective.
alieatusc: pearl earings...10 rmb.
alieatusc: i tried to buy imported orange juice...200 rmb.
eringail says: holy.
alieatusc: i just couldnt do it...that's 20 pairs of earings!
alieatusc: i walked away.
eringail says: i respect you more now

I'm going to get Alison from the airport tomorrow night! I'm very excited since I haven't seen her in almost a month. And all of her pictures don't do her pretty face justice. I'm not sure how I feel about the airport anymore. I get really excited when I go to pick people up, but the goodbyes are terrible. And, as you stand there saying goodbye, security just keeps saying "let's move it along." Guh.

I love reading Post Secret. I usually do it every Sunday and sometimes I forget and it's like a little treat in the middle of the week. I've never sent anything into them though. Mostly because I don't really have any secrets. I'm pretty open about my quirks and insecurities. Maybe I'll be one of the people who sends in an adorable picture or a single sentence like "I am happy." Something like that. One of the ones that make you aww and give a little half smile.

I bought a bag of grapefruits. Their peels smell like pot. Seriously. It's like weed farm in our kitchen. They're really good for you, though. Grapefruits. Not joints. They help lower cholesterol and fight heart disease. Red and pink ones, not yellow ones.

Speaking of red and pink... Valentine's Day threw up at Target already. I'm usually pretty cynical about the day and I've really only ever had one good Vday. But around that time, I'll be going to Biloxi, so I think that makes it better. Hallmark may get the best of me yet.

Also, I have beef with 5 Star three subject notebooks. Why does the first section have the least amount of paper and the last has the most? Do all three subjects not deserve the same amount of paper?

And speaking of books... The Pleasure of my Company was quite lovely. I didn't know Steve Martin had that in him. It was funny and really amazing at the end. I had no idea that's where the plot was headed. I'm reading The Glass Castle next. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish it by the time classes start or I'm screwed.

In other news: Courtney Jones was accepted to USC! You should congratulate her the next time you see her! And it's my brother's birthday! He is no longer a teenager. Strange. And it's Roy's birthday! Which is also exciting, yet we haven't reached another age milemark for him yet.

No comments: