Monday, January 15, 2007

i fooled the crowd when i made it sound like i was more than ready.

It's easy to blog when you have free time.

I'm reading The Glass Castle. I got half way through it today. I love memoirs/biographies and whatnot. I like learning about other people's lives. It seems more meaningful and important when a story belongs to someone and is not just something made up. Matt gave it to me for Christmas, so I moved it to the top of my reading stack.

On her 10th Birthday:
Dad said, "You know if it's humanly possible, I'll get it for you. And if it ain't humanly possible, I'll die trying."
I looked up at the thin swirls of clouds high in the blue Arizona sky. Keeping my eyes fastened on those distant clouds, I took a breath and said, "Do you think you could maybe stop drinking?"
Dad said nothing.

That's when I started to cry at The Wired Bean. That's when I had to stop reading it in public. It got worse, then better and now it's at the worse point again. I'm not sure how it will end up. It's a rollercoaster.

Loving someone's hard enough, but leaving them is torture. Don't think I don't think of you now. I'm with you every day dear.

2 comments:

alison said...

Oh, The Format. I hold Courtney responsible for these lyrics.

Sara said...

once again dear, you make my blog look horrible...but you made me want to read that book! hope you're doing well.