Saturday, December 30, 2006

and so this is christmas

Christmas break is wonderful.

Right now there is no class and no work. And yesterday my only goal was to get the dust off of the ceiling in the hallway. (Success, by the way.) It's strange having nothing to do. Absolutely nothing. I filled my day appropriately with cleaning the porch, eating at Cool Beans, and hanging out with Corinne. She's such a lovely person for those of you who aren't aware.

I saw four dead squirrels on the Horseshoe. That was disturbing. It might be an epidemic. Also, I watched two movies last night. In a row. A perfect way to waste some time with Corinne and Lou.

I don't know why I put those two facts together. But Little Miss Sunshine was hilarious. I think it'll be even funnier the next time I watch it and the shock factor is missing.

And that's what I did with my day where I had nothing to do, but smile.

Me: Hey!
David: Hey! How are you? Must be good because you've probably been hanging out with Mr. Jones since I haven't heard from you in awhile.

The rest of break has been just wonderful as well. Matt Jones came home on the 23rd and I've been lucky to spend so much time with him. I actually think that I've seen him everday which will have spoiled me greatly by the time he leaves. And for those of you who knew about his gift. It went quite well. And he enjoyed it very much.

Have I ever mentioned how incredibly lucky I am? Because now might be the time to insert it if I haven't.

And now I sit eating a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, thinking about Michael and Ashley's Wedding today. I wonder how they're both feeling right now. Hmm.

Celebrate, we will! Cause life is short, but sweet for certain!

1 comment:

alison said...

Funny. I bought Little Miss Sunshine on the street for 10 rmb the other day.

Perhaps the second time around the shock factor will be gone, but the Chinese subtitles will be there.