Thursday, December 14, 2006

they dug me my very own garden...

... gave me sunshine, made me happy. Nice dream. If you think that you're strong enough. If you think that you belong enough.

Accounting final. Oy. I think I can say goodbye to my 4.0. Welcome back 3.9 gpa. Whatever.

There is still so much going on, but tonight was good and relaxed.

I went to the Wired Bean and spent time drinking coffee and hanging out with my friends. Rachel and I stayed until we got kicked out. I've never done that before. We went to Midnight Breakfast, too. Amazing. I'm so full, but it was totally worth it for the blueberry pancakes.

"And it's not just the desire for an outward beauty, but more - a desire to be captivating in the depths of who you are." - Stasi Eldredge.

And I started reading more of Captivating. It means more to me now than it did at the beginning of the summer when I stopped reading it. It talks about three desires of a woman's heart: to be romanced, to plan an irreplaceable role in a great adventure and to unveil beauty. And as I read it, I keep thinking how true it all is.

Sometimes we don't want to admit our desire to be loved or to be in a relationship that is important or even our longing to feel beautiful. It's not modern. It's not feminist nazism. It's not 21st century. But it is how God created our hearts.

I've only read one chapter (again) but I hope to learn more and share more this time around.

Tonight, I tell you this (and I hope you know and believe it in your heart) :

The King is enthralled by your beauty! (Psalm 45:11)

No comments: