Friday, December 08, 2006

dark clouds may hang on me sometimes

... but I'll work it out. And then I look up at the sky, my mouth is open wide. Lick and taste. What's the use in worrying? What's the use in hurrying? Turn turn, we almost become dizzy.

We have cable. Who knew?

I am the Secretary of Coffee. I like that. And now I do music.

It's the end of the semester. I have one final and one group presentation, then I'm that much closer to graduation. I'm excited even though I'm not nearly ready to leave this life behind.

I have to make a 94 on my accounting final to make an A in the class. That means I'd have a 4.0 coming out of 18 hours. How ridiculous. I'm not going to hold my breathe. Plus, that's assuming my group presentation goes well. It's the pro side of banning smoking in restaurants.

Matt will be home in two weeks. A week and a half if you ask Rachel because she likes to lie to me to make me feel better.

Between now and then I'm gonna dance dance with my boyfriend's sister at the Shack Ball. I have to study and see people I haven't seen all semester. I'm going to work a whole bunch. Everyday, basically. I'm going to see Dave Matthews in Asheville with Kt! And I'm going home to work for my mom.

Speaking of - There was a shooting at the Citadel Mall on Wednesday night. In the food court bathrooms right behind our store. I don't know what that means for our employees or the mall or our business or my friend who is going to have to write that press release. People don't seem too concerned which is both good and bad, I suppose. My mom, I think, will be pretty reluctant to let me work alone at night while I'm there, but I'm actually not scared of dying while making espresso.

I'm anxious about some things right now. Some concerning myself. Some concerning others. I've decided all that I can do about it is pray.

He must become greater; I must become less. John 3:30

I want some slipper socks. Like the really expensive kind they sell at J Crew or the cheaper version they sell at American Eagle and Target. Maybe then our electric and gas bill wouldn't be so high... I can't wait to start reading books for fun in the upcoming month. I have a stack.

No comments: