Sunday, December 10, 2006

she was his girl. he was her boyfriend.

So I'm told, so the story goes...

I really really want to hear Dave play Christmas Song. Really. Really. Really. I don't know how else to convey how much I really want this to happen.

The people he knew were less than golden hearted. Gamblers and robbers, drinkers and jokers, all soul searchers like you and me. Searching for love love love. Love love love love love is all around.

Shack Ball was amazing. Courtney Jones was an excellent date through all three phases - Espresso. Dancing. More Espresso. There are pictures on Facebook to prove it.

Yesterday was a long and awkward work day, but I do so enjoy working with Amanda that the time didn't seem to creepy by so slowly. And last night was fun hanging out with the guys even if I thought I was going to have nightmares about Indians and ladybugs.

I'm still waiting on my box of Om even though I've already received two other boxes of tea from the company I ordered from. Speaking of tea, there is always this guy who comes into JJ with a little bag of herbs and calls it tea and wants us to give him a cup of hot water for it. I think it's just rosemary, but whatever it is, there are definitely no tea leaves involved.

Today, I finished a project on why smoking should be banned in restaurants. Now I'm studying for accounting. And I'm reading Captivating because I never finished it the first time around.

Tony and I babysat at the Shack tonight and I've decided that I really like children who lay in your lap or play with your hair. The kind that don't scream. Those are the best kinds of kids.

Preparations were made for his celebration day. He said "Eat this bread and think of it as me. Drink this wine and dream it will be..."

Also, it was confirmed that Matt Jones is wonderful as a person and as a boyfriend.

There has been so much going on and there is still so much going on. This week is exam week and I only have one exam and one presentation, but I'm still completely busy.

David's birthday is Tuesday involving sushi, so that's exciting. I work everyday this week and Alison goes to China on Friday. Then I go see Dave on Saturday, but have to drive back to work at Wholly Cow on Sunday and Monday, then it's back to work here until we close on Friday. Then Matt comes home! And I either leave that night or the next morning to work at Wholly Cow again.

I'm glad I'm working at a coffee shop.

I'm really excited about seeing my family and working with my mom. And I'm really excited about seeing Matt again - who, strangely, I have seen more often this semester than I have my Charleston folks.

I think I'll put up my Charlie Brown Christmas Tree this week. It needs me.

I'm cold. I'm cold. I'm cold. And I don't know how to fix this problem. Slippers. I think I'll buy some. And maybe some long johns. I'll wear them all the time. That's not strange, is it? When I have a home, I think I'll make sure it has a fireplace.

Father up above, why in all this anger do you fill me up with love love love?

Oh Lord, I pray for everyone and their stress levels this week. I pray for the craziness of exams and the holiday season. And I pray for patience for us all when we feel like it's crumbling around us. Oy. Because that's how it will feel eventually. I'm so glad your strength is made perfect in weakness. Thank you.

2 comments:

Corinne said...

I like the long johns and slipper idea, but don't bother buying long johns. Just wear pajama pants under everything :). That's my secret for warmth!

Sara said...

i absolutely love that song! i love how you used the lyrics all throughout your post. your blog is wonderful! i hope you don't mind that i linked your blog in mine?