Thursday, August 28, 2008

it ain't no use to sit and wonder why

So, they say you learn something new everyday.

Today, I learned that I am not ready to date. I knew that, but today I learned it. I want to take time to be alone and do what I want and figure out who I am... while hanging out with people as friends. I can't date. Are you nuts? I'm so not ready for that. (Please note, that is not to say that I didn't have a good time tonight. I did. That's not the point though.)

And I'm not listening to crackhead people who tell me about my life anymore. I will feel how I feel until I don't feel that way anymore. I will believe what I believe until it is proven otherwise.

And I will go to bed on time. Starting not tonight because it's already after 1am.

I will read books and listen to Bob Dylan alone until I die if I decide that is what makes me happy.

I'm walkin' down that long, lonesome road, babe. Where I'm bound, I can't tell. But goodbye's too good a word, gal. So I'll just say fare thee well. I ain't sayin' you treated me unkind. You could have done better, but I don't mind. You just kinda wasted my precious time, but don't think twice, it's all right.

1 comment:

Amgad said...

feels good, doesn't it