Thursday, August 31, 2006

i woke up this morning (and the night had been so long)

Is that Mr. Brightside?
Why is my phone ringing?
Why is it light outside?
Why is it 7:45?
Why am I still in bed?
Crap.

10-15 minutes later I stumbled out of the rain into my marketing class and there was David - amazed that I made it on time, holding my lime green travel mug filled with sweet coffee goodness. May God bless him all the days of his life.

It wasn't a particularly good day. There was a failed quiz. Another lecture on sexual harassment. No place to park in the lot again and I had to make the construction workers move their stuff. Things actually didn't start looking up until I went into Jammin Java. Work was good. I got my paycheck. That was good. Even better when I realized I had received an impromptu raise because the work I do is appreciated. I almost cried. I think we found a spare employee. If it works out, she'll be my favorite employee ever.

Talked to my Mom. She loves me so much and wants me to be happy with all the decisions that I make in my life - even if that means not moving to Charleston to run Wholly Cow. Which I am still going to - she just wants me to know that I don't have to if I change my mind.

Latenighter tomorrow. I dunno if I'm going. I really just wanted to get out and be in nature.

The new Zach Braff movie (The Last Kiss) has an amazing soundtrack. I don't even know what the movie is about, but I can tell you if it's anything like the music in it, then it will be excellent. Then again, take a look at Elizabethtown...

I'm tired and I need to study for my accounting quiz/homework thing. I feel like I have more to say. Eh. I'll think of it later.

I wanna hear you laugh like you really mean it.
Collapse into me tired with joy.

No comments: