Sunday, August 20, 2006

the kind of clarity that only comes to me on sunday's shine.

Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. (You've Got Mail)


I'm beginning to schedule. The thing is I'm trying to schedule an entire semester - all in one day. It's one of those overwhelming urges to have everything in it's right place, planned, right now. I don't always feel like this, but today I did.

I think it's because it's the beginning of the school year and I already fear falling behind in my 18 hours of school and 15 hours of work. Not to mention the hours of homework, the weekend working, Shack stuff, and keeping up with all my friends. But that's it. That's all I have time for. And don't even think about asking me to spend money. No more of that nonsense. I just realized that I didn't ask for enough from my Dad, so while rent is taken care of, I need to find money for all my bills. Darn.

Freshmen are here. Lots of them. I saw them this morning on my way to Strudel. With their families. Cute. Strudel was like coming home for Christmas after being away for a really long time. But it was different. And that's because life is different.

People are coming and going in my life. And I'm happy for them - especially those who are coming. It's taking adjusting especially now that the semester is starting because I have such a permanent memory of how it was and how I assume it's supposed to be, but I think you never miss the people you care about the most because they're the ones you never lose touch with. They're the ones you don't let go of... But I am ready for the newness of fall semester and its people. I hope I can remember their names.

Good news... I'm going to Biloxi in September. In, like, a month. Wow. That's not long at all. How exciting. I didn't even realize! Details have yet to be decided or confirmed, but I'm definitely going to be there. (Yay!)

I feel like the Shack has a renewed spirit. Not just the building, but the people, too. I know I do and I can see it all around me. This summer has been amazing and difficult for all of us. I think it has been a real growing time. I'm so excited to see what's going to happen this semester. Especially right in my own home as we all struggle to define and work on our own imperfections - not alone, but together. Hopefully, we can all be stepping stones and not stumbling blocks.

God is moving.

His kingdom is at hand now and in the yet to come. I see it when Liza sings. I know it when David seeks counsel. I believe it when Garrett speaks the Word. I trust it when I hear about difficult decisions being made. I feel it across a long distance. He's leading me. And you. And it's not just a hint or rumor. It's a real life fairy tale.

Oh yes. That makes me excited.

It's a big week coming up. We'll see how this keeps going.

No comments: