Friday, August 18, 2006

another sun soaked season fades away.

Today began with more music. Lots of music. Wedding music. Suddenly wedding music seems fun. I'm glad I could do this. I'm glad that I have Corinne to help out one day.

I haven't written my blog about Corinne leaving. I don't want to. I like to think of it as an extended vacation. I missed her alot yesterday and was thinking about her this morning when her charming im popped up on my screen. She was on her way to Target for the fourth time. It was like 9:30am. I have never been prouder.

So, as far as my productivity level goes, it's zilch compared to Alison who keeps crossing all sorts of things off of lists. I'm too crazy to stick to one thing. A little music. A little bit of paper. Some school supply shopping. A little cardio until I got into a fight with the elliptical machine. Lint rolled my lap shade because someone mentioned it once and I thought it was a good idea. Other things. I did other things. Oh! I finished my book. Weird. Not that I finished. Well, that is kinda weird, but mostly the novel itself. Sad. I think that's how I felt about it. In a strange way.

Our living room is purple.

I bought my first bottle of wine today. At Earthfare. Red Pomegranate. From Craig. He was a lovely checkout person. He was happy and a great conversationalist. Which is strange because the majority of Earthfare employees are socially awkward at the register.

Alison made Indian food for dinner. It was delicious. She's also the reason our living room is purple. It's nice. It also allowed her to cross another thing off of the little piece of paper.

I got my new schedule. Tuesday - Friday. 15 hoursish. And no closing... Just when I'm beyond annoyed with my job and ready to quit, I remember that I like it. And that I like the people. And that they care about me whether I see them regularly or not. They care enough to listen to me ramble about the other people in my life. I wonder if Starbucks will call. I wonder what I'll say.

Summer is just about gone. I go back to work tomorrow. Crazy. Then I work on Saturday. First Shack on Sunday. I'm excited about the semester and what it's going to bring besides a very busy me. I'm excited about finally having my wisdom teeth taken care of - blah. I'm excited about going to Mississpi and to Cornell. I'm excited about cool weather. I love the fall - it's magical. I'm excited about pumpkin spice lattes. I'm excited about it all!

But for now I'll listen to the songs of summer and enjoy what's left of skirt wearing weather. Maybe I'll start that 100 things journal. Oh and read my new book. Good ideas...

There is no better find than to find myself with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say it was my 4th time to Target since I moved here, not that morning :). It still feels like a vacation to me too, except with work to do. It's still a bit unreal that this is school...