Wednesday, August 16, 2006

look around your world pretty baby...

I'm working on music for Steph's wedding. I am her music consultant. I love the way that sounds. So official and important. I like being helpful - especially for the I care about the most. I can't believe she's getting married in a little more than a week. Crazy!

I accidentally refinanced my Mom's car today. Then she fixed it. And apologized to me! I will never underestimate the power of prayer.


Speaking of... Recently, I've been paying extra special attention to the hand God has been playing in my life. Prayers are being answered. Things are unfolding. And I have nothing to do with it. It's all because of Him...

I had a Gilmore Girls moment today. I didn't even realize it until Alison pointed it out.

JESS: 22.8 miles.
RORY: How’d you know that?
JESS: Do you Yahoo?
RORY: You looked it up?
JESS: Yeah.
RORY: You looked it up.
JESS: I just hit a couple buttons on the computer.
RORY: You looked it up.
JESS: I was bored. There was nothing on TV and I was fooling around, it was something to do, that’s it.
RORY: You looked it up.


It was pretty nice. Pretty nice like the rest of my night was pretty nice. Like the weather has been pretty nice. Like I found a book I wanted in Lexington pretty nice. Like my really long phone conversations with two of my favorite people were pretty nice. Life is just pretty nice. I've been avoiding some responsibilites - *cough* practicum paper *cough* - which has made it even nicer. I am excited about school starting. Even moreso excited about school supplies. Yay! Target here I come!

Ok, I'm gonna listen to sappy songs and crazy dance music now. And finish my book. *crosses fingers* Focus...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You refinanced your mom's car???? I have GOT to hear the story on that one.