Sunday, August 27, 2006

i got two turntables (and some latte art)

Yesterday was beautiful!

Stephanie and Brandon finally celebrated one of the most important days of their life together and we all got to be a part of it. I cried. I don't think that I always understood what a wedding was - a promise between you, someone you love and God. I learn a little more about it each day and with each ceremony. It's lovely.

Plus, in a community/society/world where there is so much heartache and divorce, it's nice to have seen two people who love each other so much take so much time to cultivate their relationship into something that will last forever. Yeah yeah. Awww.

In other good wedding news... The music was smashing. I even got another wedding music gig for Michael and Ashley in December. Maybe I'll just drop out of my last year of college and do this full time...

Once I thought my innocence was gone. Now I know that happiness goes on. That's when you found me, when you put your arms around me. I haven't been there for the longest time.

I feel like I had a lot more to say about all of this yesterday, but now words seem to escape me. All in all, it was fantastic and special and right and all sorts of other adjectives. There are pictures on Facebook. Now I'm going to tend to my allergies and scholastic responsibilties.

Oh, I finished Stargirl. Two thumbs up in the Young Adult section. One of those books we all should have read in highschool. One of those stories that makes you want to go pick flowers barefoot and give them to everyone. I saw some of people I know in that girl. That made me happy.

No comments: