Monday, August 28, 2006

you've come too far to turn around now.

"Funny, I get to say hi to the decrepit old professor and you get to say hello to the cute boy walking past. Isn't that just the story of my life?"

And that's how Sam introduced herself to me on the street. It was completely random. I like random. I also like hearing about the bananas and soy milk people buy at the store. It's charming. I like charming and it usually comes in the small things.

I like to swing, too.

My brother lives in Columbia now. Weird.

I just finished my third day of classes. I've attended them all at least once. With the short amount of time already spent, I can tell you Dr. Nora Martin likes the Diet Dew, business comm is going to annoy the crap out of me with its details and busy work, Barney is so crazy that he turned the classroom backwards, but managed to keep my attention, accounting is part of the devil's plan, I like club management because of Tori, and purchasing will be my greatest joy, I think. I hope.

Drag your pretty head around, swearing you're gonna drown with a beautiful sigh... and a river of lies.

I'm gonna need lots of coffee this semester. And I'm gonna need to keep my immune system in excellent condition.

I hate to see a friend of mine laughing out loud when she's crying inside, but you've got your pride.

Are we always walking on eggshells?
Are we really honest with each other?

Just thinking.

It seems as though lots of conversations are having to be had these days. And I think there is lots of stuff that isn't being said. Silence says a lot. Words say more. Funny how fear holds us back.

I'm trying not to be scared. I'm trying to be positive. And I need to be proactive in all aspects of my life.

I want fall. I think it gives me a sense of peace and magic.

Staring down the stars. Jealous of the moon. You wish you could fly, but you're staying where you are. There's nothing you can do if you're too scared to try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very meaningful post. You expressed all of my own fears very well.