Wednesday, August 09, 2006

mom, it's my birthday...

"It's about me!", "Wait, I think my tiara is crooked.", "I do an excellent rendition of i'm a little teapot.", "It's my birthday!"

Well, I'm 21. It's downhill from here until I hit 25 and get that fun insurance break. Something to look forward to in my old age.

The day was great. I had an interview at EdVenture for my practicum which was another slight relief off of my shoulders. I had some wonderful lunch at Nice N' Natural with Alison, David, Corinne and Rachel. We even watched the Happy Birthday, Baby episode of Gilmore Girls. My mom and sister came to see me and bring me my car with air conditioning. Kate got a little weepie.

This picture resembles the lovely arrangement of pink gerbers that Linda gave me. They're my second favorite flower. Only to tulips. I love getting flowers, but no one ever gives them to me - I usually end up buying them for myself, so it's very nice when they're a surprise.

And from the ballroom floor, we are in celebration. One good stretch before our hibernation. Our dreams assured and we all will sleep well.

The real celebration started when I put on the tiara and we went to dinner at Bonefish. I got to partake of delicious food, drink and glowstick with 21 amazing people who all serenaded me with a lovely rendition of the Birthday song. And while we were there Jones called which made my evening that much better. Oo. And I was carded. And it worked this time!

After that it was time to take me out on the town. Alison. Amy. David. Corinne. Tony. Matt. Rachel. Stephen. Trisha. With special appearances by Neal. Becca Way. JP Kuhns. And Chuck. Flying Saucer. Speakeasy. Bar None. And I remember it all thankyouverymuch. The best part was probably the much anticipated Irish Carbomb. I'm not gonna lie. It was nervewracking, but its all in the pointer finger. The excellent arrangement of DMB played at Bar None was also quite exciting. All that and I still managed to create a Facebook photo album and correctly tag everyone in it with captions!

There's so much more I could say. And I might even update this later (clicky here for pictures), but for now I shall say thank you to everyone who made my birthday oh so special whether you were in the next room or rather far away.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

watch out with those 25 year-old jokes!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like the flowers and glad that you had a wonderful birthday.

Anonymous said...

"wait. my tiaras crooked."

heh. i just couldn't resist the opportunity to post that again.