Friday, September 01, 2006

this is way beyond my remote concern

My hair is wavy. And long. I've got wavy, long hair. In the almost fall. I want it to be fall. So bad. Today's weather teased me to this longing. I had a hot soy latte from Adriana's today and listened to a whole bunch of music that screams fall. It's a strange obsession.

It's a luscious mix of words and tricks
That let us bet when you know we should fold.
On rocks I dreamt of where we'd stepped
And the whole mess of roads we're now on.

Right now, Matt is probably walking around in flip flops wondering just exactly he's going to spend his long weekend. Maybe on base. Maybe off base. It's up to him. And his flip flops. Happy.

This morning I didn't have to take a quiz or turn in homework. And I got two extra credit points for knowing how to calculate a person's BMI. So that's lucky.

I'm avoiding all sorts of school work tonight. I was flip flopping being on myspace, and reading Paste and Running with Scissors. Then David, Alison, Rachel and I went out to Lexington to eat at Riviera's because we decided we were tired of Columbia restaurants. Then Alison and I reminisced about the first time went there with Matt Jones - it was when I realized that Lexington was, in fact, it's own town and that I would probably never get Jones to jump into a body of water at night.

Anyway. Movie now. I think. We'll see. I'm tired. I probably won't make it. I can't wait until tomorrow.

No comments: