Saturday, September 02, 2006

every word you say i think i should write down...

I am very different from everyone else. I forget that sometimes. And sometimes it makes me nervous. And sometimes I remember, "It hasn't stopped anyone from lovin' me yet!" Or has it? Mmm. Does it really matter?

This morning I woke up at 7am panicked. I had this overwhelming anxiety in my head screaming that I was late for something or someone. I wasn't. It's Saturday and I didn't even have to work.

I got up anyway and went running because I checked weather.com and it said 65 degrees. And I'm not sure if I'm supposed to trust weather.com or if it even was 65 degrees outside, but I do know that it felt marvelous - the air that is, not the running after a month long sabatical from working out.

I cleaned my air filter this morning too. For some reason I feel that's worth mentioning.

I went shopping at Target, read about Thom Yorke and cursed the Post Office for not being able to give me the postage I wanted. Something about a machine something not working or something.

I went to HouseCoffee to study. I mean do homework. I mean drink coffee and read my book. And talk to Emily Franklin. She is a gem. And I don't say that about many people. We talked about summer and the Shack and the Kingdom of Heaven and work and boys and coffee. I should run into her more often.

I think I thoroughly convinced myself that this weekend, in fact, is just an extension of summer, so I don't have to own up to any academic responsibilities. It'll hit me at 6am on Tuesday morning. Until then, long live Labor Day!

I went to Wired Bean tonight with Alison and David. There was quite the music selection going on there. Courtney Jones was behind the counter this evening, and I have to say that girl makes one excellent grande nonfat half the syrup cookies and cream latte. I appreciate people with coffee skills. And now I have coffee to make this week. Whilst I was there I met the infamous Denton which made me happy and I read Running with Scissors which made me... disturbed. Huh. I'm not sure if I recommend this book to anyone and I'm not sure if I'll see the movie.

I googled the word coffee and this picture showed up.

Alright. I'm done typing about, but oh! Today was glorious. In the way only a day filled with coffee and friends could be.

... i don't want to forget come daylight. And no need to worry - that's wasting time. And no need to wonder what's been on my mind...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i've definitely posted that picture on my myspace blog before. hmph.
and i'm excited that you enjoyed the coffee.. and the musical war that went on tonight.
yay exhaustion!