Saturday, September 16, 2006

so tell me baby, can you shake it?

The weather today was spectacular. I got up and put on my Carolina sweatshirt and headed out in the briskness of the beginning of Fall. Oh. I love it. It's so perfect. Great things happen in the fall. I'm looking forward to this season.

Today, a man told me that I "looked like a vegetarian." Carole told me I had a nice nose and that being cute was my gift. And I found out that I have an admirer - I suppose that's what you would call him - someone who's eye I caught that I don't actually know.

Sometimes I feel like people give empty compliments, but today I think they were real. And they meant somethingto me, so that makes them important.

I've spent the last 24 hours in a whirlwind of emotion, but at the end of today I feel loved and appreciated. And I wish that everyone could feel this way.

Mmm. I'm finally listening to a cd that I got over spring break of my sophomore year. The Afghan Whigs - highly recommended.

I have lots of school stuff coming up. And some extra work hours. And I might start stopping by the Freshmen Girl's group to meet with them and maybe help out there.

In two weeks, I'll be in Mississippi. I remember when I couldn't even spell that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your trail mix was yum. I don't have a high res of that. Boo. I wish. Maybe we'll bump into each other - today; it's fall, and people do that in the fall. Especially when there's target involved. ...who am I kidding... I'm coming over. It's 69 degrees - time for you to have that pumpkin spice, my dear.

I admire you... from across the street. Wha ah ahhhh...