Sunday, September 17, 2006

love getting there as much as being there.

(Please, God, please. What happened to our dreams? We're losing hope so we invest in doubt to fill our vacant feelings.)

I woke up this morning and Wonderwall (Ryan Adams version) was playing on my computer. And I was bundled up under my comfy duvet with my cold pillows and my little lion. The sun filtered in through my half closed blinds. And I thought, "This is the life."

Then I looked over and saw all my textbooks. Its ok, I'm ready to take on marketing today. Yesterday I was taking (and making) every opportunity to procrastinate.

Suppose I said, I am on my best behavior. There are times I lose my worried mind.

The other day I met some girls who wanted chai with espresso. I told them how amazing that was and how amazing they were for appreciating that drink. They drink it in Asheville a lot - that's where they're from. We talked about how amazing Asheville is and about the wonderfulness of Old Europe Coffee Shop.

I can't wait to not be in school anymore and be able to work all week and take trips on the weekends and not have to worry about the marketing or accounting test I have in the upcoming week.

There is this pumpkin spice latte candle that I want at Target. I'm waiting. One, because it'll probably drop in price. Two, because I have to learn to wait on things that I want. I feel I've learned this on a somewhat larger level, but now I'm taking it down a notch.

Do yourself a favor and download the new iTunes (7). It's wonderful and free!

Suppose I said, colors change for no good reason. Words will go from poetry to prose.

I've been reading the journal book - Spilling Open - and it's inspiring. And scary. I could have written so many of those pages myself. I think I always just felt silly having those thoughts. Then someone published it! The girl who wrote it, Sabrina Ward Harrison, is thirty years old now. I kinda want to get some of her more recent books and see how I'm going to feel in the next nine years or so.

You know - I always look for inspiration in other people and things that are bigger than me. It's never occured to me to look for inspiration in myself.

I think I would like a digital camera. Maybe I'll buy myself one when I graduate next August.

Suppose I said, you're my saving grace.

My life makes me happy. And I really am - happy, that is. Sometimes I seem out of it or anxious, but I'm not. I'm just tired or distracted, but always very happy and very thankful. I hope I convey that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these thoughts. Thank you for expressing yourself. You do it so well.

Anonymous said...

Erin, your blog is the funnest thing I read on the web, or most anywhere for that matter. I suppose being thousands of miles away from home makes me pine for things of home and you convey that so strongly in your writing. And in case you're wondering, I found your blog through Corinne's blog. You can find mine there too. It's called "Physics+Faith=Music." Cheers! -Amgad