Monday, September 04, 2006

leave me some words of wisdom

If you will go and not return, Leave me some words of wisdom. If I cannot follow where you go, I promise to teach what I have learned.

I finished Running with Scissors and am now considering 1984. Kt just finished it not too long ago and recommended it. Or Jarhead. Joe wants me to read that. I'm also reading six textbooks. And dabbling in Enter the Worship Circle and Blue Like Jazz - again. I want to read Searching for God Knows what, but it's out on loan.

Anyway. Back to the dabbling. I was reading some D.Miller words when I stumbled across some things I think are good for all of us to think about:

Your value has to come from God. And God wants you to receive His love and to love yourself too.

And so I have come to understand that strength, inner strength, comes from receiving love as much as it comes from giving it... And this is the prayer I pray for all my friends [to receive love] because it is the key to happiness. God's love will never change us if we don't accept it.

(Blue Like Jazz)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heh. that sounds quite a bit like a conversation you and i had recently as well. it seems to be coming from all fronts. perhaps God wants us to understand that we have to accept His unconditional love for us and then He'll do the changing. (tell your friends)

Anonymous said...

i strongly recommend 1984, but i don't really know if reading 1984 right after Running With Scissors would be good for anyone's emotional health. you should probably read something sort of happy in between.