Thursday, September 21, 2006

i am trying to say what i want to say

'cause I'm not scared,
but I'd like some extra spare time,

easily earn me big money.

My Dad worries about me. Cute.

Dad: Are you happy?
Me: You know... I am.
Dad: If I won the lottery tomorrow, I don't think my life would change that much. Sure, I'd buy a house on the beach and I'd go some places, but I like my life. Hell, I love my life.
Me: Me too. I mean, I get busy and tired. And sometimes I worry about things, but I'm very happy with my life and where it's going.
Dad: I'm glad to hear it. It's a good thing for a parent to hear their child say that.

What I'm listening to... Alice and Interiors - Manchester Orchestra, Snow (Hey Oh) - Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pictures of Success - Rilo Kiley, What I'm Trying to Say - Stars, 66 - The Afghan Whigs, On a High - Duncan Sheik, Better - Regina Spektor, Speeding Cars - Imogen Heap, Love You in the Fall - Paul Westerberg, Chicago - Sufjan Stevens, Not Myself - John Mayer, Gotta Have You - The Weepies, Shout Out Loud - Amos Lee, Girl in the War - Josh Ritter.

This has been an awkward week. I went running tonight to let it all out. Pilates just wasn't going to cut it. It was actually a really good experience.

I just remembered that in a week I'm going to Biloxi.

Life is crazy. I'm glad I had time to talk to my dad tonight. I'm glad I took the time to write this.

I swear I tried again. You're never visible on the weekdays when I need you to do what you can't afford to do.

No comments: