Wednesday, July 12, 2006

... l'amor che move il sole e l'altre stelle.

Dante talks about God...


A l’alta fantasia qui mancò possa;

ma già volgeva il mio disio e ’l velle,

sì come rota ch’igualmente è mossa,

l’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

(Paradiso - Canto XXXIII:142-145)


Loosely translated it says, "Here powers failed my lofty fantasy. But now turning my desire and will, even as a wheel that equally is moved, the Love which moves the sun and the other stars."


I love Italian. I think its a beautiful language. And when I successfully speak it, I love the way it makes me feel. I want to spend time in Italy with someone who will get excited about it just like I will. Someone who will drink espresso with me every morning and eat pasta with me every night. I want to share my passion with someone else. Maybe I'll try to learn Italian again.


Kt is in Europe right now. I wonder if she's going to Italy. I'm jealous. I want to travel.


I'm reading Eat. Pray. Love. and right now the author is in Italy. I love it. I love the way she writes. I love the way she feels. I love the way this book makes me want to find myself and be alive! Wow. It's not often a biography makes that happen.


Today, I am so grateful for so many things. I want to keep track of them. And I want to share them with you, the internet world... a slower pace, watering plants, the new keane cd, grapefruits, mail from matt, being appreciated, pilates, my mom, biographies, vanilla bean tea, bubbles and gumdrops, tomato slicers, mint oreos and good conversation.

No comments: