Thursday, July 20, 2006

because sometimes you have something you need to say...

"There is something beautiful about a billion stars held steady by a God who knows what he is doing." Donald Milller

I'm trying to revive a pepper plant. Help! If it dies, well, it dies. But I don't want it to... I'll have to get a new plant. I like having plants I've decided.

It's almost my birthday. Then I won't be at home when everyone else is out. It's almost time to go to Texas. I can't decide which is more exciting for me.

"There was a coke on the table... And it was diet!"

I just listened to a whole lot of Yo-Yo Ma. Why? Because some man complained today that we should play classical music at the Grill. I told him that I had picked the DMB, Jack Johnson, Keane medley and he told me I had terrible taste in music. I was very upset. Chef Knapp stood up for me in only a Chef Knapp kind of way, then Harry told me that my taste was a bit lacking, but I just ignored him.

Today a man at Jammin Java told me I looked like a model. Nice. He also told me I looked 15. Not nice. Sad even.

Next week Kt comes back from Europe and Train and I Nine play at the Township. I'm not sure that either of these events will have a great effect on my life directly, but I hope they do.

Oh! I did an interview at Hampton Street Vineyard today for my practicum. Anyone who would like to take me there to eat is more than welcome. It's comfortable in a NY Brownstone kind of way. I asked one of the owners to classify/describe it for me and he said, "American. We steal unabashedly from everyone around us, but we're distinctly different." I like it.

Alison brought me ice cream. Yumyumyum. I don't feel bad about eating such things since I work out everyday. Well, I do pilates. Sometimes I run. I'm not as hardcore as I'd like to think.

"The culture of Rome just doesn't match the culture of Yoga, not as far as I can see. In fact, I've decided that Rome and Yoga don't have anything in common at all. Except for the way they both remind you of the word toga." - Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat. Pray. Love.

I'm glad we all live together now. I can't wait for school to start. Shocking. I know. I'll regret saying it later when my 18 hours are killing me.

Hmmm. A lot of the words in this blog don't belong to me. Perhaps it's better that way...

It's all up in the air and we stand still to see what comes down. I don't know where it is, I don't know when, but I want you around. When it falls into place with you and I, we go from if to when. Your side and mine are both behind it's indication. This is going to bring me clarity. This'll take the heart right out of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

green tea. red bean. yuuuum.

you know what else is yum? long island iced teas my dear. 18 days.

here's to bacon sandwiches.