Tuesday, July 04, 2006

the fourth of july issue

Let's hear it for the good boys,
Thank God they want to save my life.

Let's hear it for the good boys,
I pray they make it through the night.

This time last year, I was waiting for my brother to go into Boot Camp. Now, I'm waiting for Matt to get out of Air Force Training and for Joe to be shipped to Korea next March.

I don't want to get sappy here, but I do want to say thank you to our military because for whatever reason these men and women joined, they're doing our best to protect our country and it's people.

Let's hear it for the red stripe,
They wear a touch of the white and the blue.

Let's hear it through the lonely nights,
Thank God I'm thinking about you.

You're giving it all up for me and for her and this stray man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are very right in this post :)

I've been talking to Erin Whitt, who is in Iraq right now with the air force. I'm pretty proud of her.

Hope you had a gooood 4th.

-urowsky