Tuesday, July 04, 2006

gone be the birds when they don't wanna sing

Today was full of wonderful things - all of which I plan on blogging about later, but there are two I want to share with you all now.

1) Matt Jones is alive and well in BMT. It's better and worse than he expected, but he's taking everything in stride and he's met some really awesome people. He doesn't have a lot of time to write, but letters to him are encouraged. Just let me know if you don't have his address and I'll get it to you!

2) My knowledge of obscure sixth grade pop culture came in handy this evening when a frantic Matt Carrowan called me saying, "Hey Erin, I have a question to ask, we're kind of having a meltdown here, can you name all of the Spice Girls?" Yes, thank you very much. And please, people of the world, spice up your life.

I feel great! I really mean it. I have to remember this for the next time I'm having a terrible week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you really saved us there. The meltdown was almost critical. Thanks to you we now know that there was a Scary spice.

Anonymous said...

so it's two in the morning. so i'm crying. i'm sorry you had to say good-bye to matt.