Saturday, July 29, 2006

did you ever know that you're my hero...

I sit here at my desk poised to blog and poised pounce. If a bat were to fly at me, I could be ready with this broom at a moment's notice. Why would I even have to worry about such a thing? BECAUSE THERE WAS A FREAKIN' BAT IN MY BEDROOM LAST NIGHT!

Um yeah. I woke up and it was kinda hot because I didn't have the AC on, so I was going to get up to fix that and I heard a noise. Marty? A bug? God? Nope. A bat. So, what do I do? I flip out. I pull my comforter over my head and wish that I had my phone next to my bed.

Joe was here because he leaves for two weeks of training in Cali, so I started yelling his name. And no, I don't care who I wake up and I bang on the wall. I got nothing and I realize that I'm going to have to take action. And by action, I mean I kicked my sheet down, wrapped me and my little lion in my duvet, shook real quick to remove any bat from my bedding and then scrambled like hell for the door. I was out and I slammed it shut.

Then I woke up Joe who says, "I don't like bats," and I said, "Not as much as I don't!" So, in he went with a broom in hand. Yeah. He hurt it pretty bad. I flipped out and screamed. Go figure.

And then Alison was kind enough to let me sleep in her room because I was just sitting on my bed in the bright lights staring at the walls. We decided that I would take everything out of my closet and make sure there were no holes, tape up any that may exist, and make sure there are no cracks in my windows. Then we prayed for relief from the bats for the entire house (because they have this problem more often than we do), rest for our bodies and minds, and I praised the Lord for letting Joe be here to deal with it. Otherwise, I would have called a boy upstairs and I'm sure they really would have appreciated that at four in the morning. Oh right, did I mention it was four in the morning?

So, that's my bat story. That's why I am armed with a broom. That's why I will never ever sleep again. And that is why Joe is my little USMC hero. The end.

... and everything I would like to be? I can fly higher than an eagle for you are the wind beneath my wings.

P.S. If you would like to pray about our building and the bat situation, I would appreciate it. Lay hands on the mailbox, whatever. I know none of us would be opposed. Thanks!

No comments: