Sunday, April 30, 2006

staring at a million city lights.

Cigars in the summertime under the sky by the light, I can feel you read my mind. I can see it in your eyes, under the moon as it plays like music every line.

I have had a very good weekend. It's weird though because if you had heard some of the stuff I was struggling with or had seen me today, then you would never think that.

Truth or Consequences: Facing your Fears. Filtering Lies. Finding Yourself in Jesus. Loving the Lord and loving yourself. Wowza. I didn't want to go to the Conference, but I knew that it was God opening a little door for me to become the woman I'm trying so desperately to become. The woman God wants me to be. I guess sometimes it's good to do things you don't want to do.

I think this Saturday night was the best Saturday night I've had in a long time. It didn't involve me working or being tired or having to study. It involved Monterrey's, Kinko's and lots of walking with Jones. Walking to the Horseshoe and attacking Liza, to the Inn at USC where demanding cheddar cheese in our minds, and from there - well, everywhere. And it ended with french toast sticks at 1am. You can't tell me that's not a good night.

Today, I woke up gross. I seriously walked around all day looking high and feeling bad about myself. Luckily, I have friends that love me and remind me that it's actually my left eyebrow that's my best feature, so I didn't need to worry about my bloodshot eyes. I can't wait to go to the doctor.

I had really excellent french toast that would have been even better could I have tasted. I went grocery shopping to get food for Plan B and then David bought me some very beautiful orange gerber daisies. He's the only person outside of my family to buy me flowers. I'm looking at them right now - next to a can of Tab Energy and the copy of Corrine's thesis and in front of some recently acquired art. That's really all there is since I packed up most of my stuff on Friday.

Ooo. I went to the library today with Jones. He gave me a tour and we read his favorite children's book. Then I picked out a book - actually he did - and I checked it out with my new temporary card. The permanent one will come in the mail in about a week.

Oh Plan B was tonight. I can't remember the last Plan B we had, but this was a good one. Chicken Bog. Yummy veggies. Biscuits. Homemade rootbeer and gingerale. And Eric's infamous dutch oven peach and pear cobblers. Mmmm.

Now I'm sitting here with Marty (who may be sick) , listening to Classic Yo-Yo, getting ready to read a book and go to bed. I have an interview tomorrow morning at the McCutchen House - I hope I don't look like this again. Then, I'm going to the doctor. And I start yoga tomorrow too. Yay.

Is there a midnight breakfast tomorrow? I heard some mention.

Got my bean in a coffee cup next to my seat, catch the view and another good book to read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hope you feel better in the morning and i'm glad i went to the conference this weekend also. love you girl