Friday, April 21, 2006

just so you know. i love you in my life.

This morning I was awoken by what I think was a Marine platoon. They were loud and startling, but I didn't mind. I sat on my balcony and watched them run and yell. It made me think of Joe. It made me think of Jones leaving. Two very contrasting thoughts.

I have this overwhelming urge to be near the water. Beach. River. Lake. I don't think it matters.

Today was amazing. By the end of the day, I was just so happy. And I was sitting in Jammin Java listening to Eric Skelton play and thinking how awesome my life is. I was surrounded by some of the most important people in my life at my place of employment that I really enjoy. And I thought about all the good times I spent there last summer and they seemed to really wipe away the bad ones. I'm looking forward to the summer and being there.

I had my last cooking class today - my last class period of the semester!! It was kind of sad though because it has become my Friday Family. I told Chef I'd come harass him and David next semester. It'll be fun. Then he sent me home with a giant box of fruit salad. That's a good man right there.

Corinne's thesis defense was today. I've never been to a thesis defense. I hadn't even read the thesis (but I'm going to this summer...) It was really neat to hear Corinne talk about the Bahai faith and her year of service at the Bahai World Center. It was a year of her life that meant so much to her and I'm really glad she got the chance to write about it. It was emotional and interesting - as are most of the times when I talk to Corinne. Her stories are always excellent and she speaks with an air of caring knowledge which isn't found in many people. I mean, she spoke for a long time and I never got bored - that's an accomplishment.

Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever accomplish anything so large and meaningful as something like her year of service. Sometimes I wonder if I live my faith as outwardly or sincerely as I should. Or if I ever will.

Afterwards we went to Moe's and then got ready for the Spring Fling (see? i published it - it's official...) Corinne, Alison and I got ready and I did their makeup which is always fun. Then Jones came over looking spiffy in pink and ready to dance. Well, maybe not ready to dance, but definitely willing to dance. (Which he did quite excellently... is that a word?) It was fun, I really enjoyed myself with everyone. My friends are awesome.

Hope Bell always knows how to make a girl feel special...

Erin Ellis! Your hands are so nice and soft. If I were a boy, I'd want to hold them all the time!
Haha. You're nice, but there are no boys who want to do that.
Oh, now that is a lie from the pits of hell!!

And then we saw Eric Skelton which was a pleasure - as always. And that's where I realized how blessed I am and how happy I am and all those sorts of things. I mean, there are always things I wish I could change, but "serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference," ya know?

Hmmm. My Dad is coming tomorrow and I'll be seeing I Nine. Lots of people to see and fun to be had. I hope everyone's weekend is as fabulous as mine.

Today. Listening to: Eric Skelton, Pete Schmidt, and The Working Title (Everyone Here Is Wrong EP). I recommend them all.

... and you know what you feel is everything to you so settle down and reframe the scenario leaving out the excess radio...

No comments: