Wednesday, March 14, 2007

i'm so lost for you

update: mr. jones is coming home one day early! yay for next wednesday.

Today was pretty. Pretty. pretty.
oh my.
i felt a peace.
i felt a pain. a growing pain.

Life is about to change drastically. But you might not notice it at all.

I'm nervous. And I wish I was a hippie.

words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup

callis is coming tomorrow! i am excited.

If faith were rational, it wouldn't be -by definition- faith. Faith is belief in what you cannot see or prove or touch. Faith is walking face-first and full-speed into the dark. If we truly knew all the answers in advance as to the meaning of life and the nature of God and the destiny of our souls, our belief would not be a leap of faith and it would not be a courageous act of humanity; it would just be... a prudent insurance policy. I'm not interested in the insurance industry.... I couldn't care less about evidence and proof and assurances. I just want God. I want God inside me. I want God to play in my bloodstream the way sunlight amuses itself on water. - Eat. Pray. Love.

4 comments:

David said...

we should be as the flowers in the spring, and life our hands and sing: "holy, holy, holy is the Lord God almighty, who is, was, and forever shall be."

i want to be a hippie too. we should hold each other accountable.

Anonymous said...

that just ripped my heart out. i love movies that make you feel alive.

Anonymous said...

by the way....that was me up there

-rachel

Anonymous said...

what an excellent bunch of beatles covers.
that movie looks ridiculously fascinating.
have you ever heard the rufus wainwright cover of across the universe? it will change your life.

i hope to see you tonight. you are lovely.