Monday, March 05, 2007

i am weary, but i know your touch restores my life

David was the man after God's own heart. (That's a pretty intense description for someone.)

But with that in mind you would think about how perfect this man would be... Not the case. Evidently, David stumbled into some pretty big roadblocks in life (inquire for details) and is basically a big sign of humanity for all Christians.

So, last night, Garrett talked about all this and I don't think I took away what I was supposed to take away. I took away a lesson on forgiveness. Why? Because God forgave David. Not without consequence, but He forgave him. He let it go.

Why can't we do that as humans? Why is it so hard to move on? And is there stupidity in forgiving and allowing the same thing to happen over and over? But you never know when someone is sincere about changing.

But is it really our job? Or should we protect ourselves?

I wish I was more like God in my level of forgiving. I wish it didn't hurt so much to be hurt and that it didn't take so much to move forward and forget.

No comments: