Sunday, March 25, 2007

i'll bask in the rays or slowly suffer its abuse

I am not sure what I would like to write.

Morning can be a time of mourning or potential hope.

I like watching people change. I like changing with people. I like encouraging them to do it. And I like the encouragement that comes back to me. I love this community - these people, this family I've stumbled upon in this place.

I used to think there were things I wish hadn't happened and people I wish hadn't met. I think what I really hope for is letting go of them. Accepting them as moments, instances, personalities that I don't have to hold onto forever.

And high tide is rolling in and the undertow pulls me out to sea. The soft sand makes it awfully hard to stand.


I am no longer worried about forever. I can only worry about right now. And right now, I am so happy to be here. Right now. In this moment. With You.

My Dad just called and asked me about my life. I told him about Matt. And about work. And about school. And about people dying. And about my friends. All this within maybe five minutes and I started to cry. I can't remember the last time I cried to my Dad. Growing up can be so hard.

What do you get by singing alone? The music just bounces off the wall.

No comments: