Tuesday, June 27, 2006

spoon in spoon, stirring my coffee.

Chef Knapp: Erin, send Harry to my office when he gets here.
Me: Okay. Why?
Chef Knapp: I'm going to yell at him.
Me: Oh... Why?
Chef Knapp: He ruined an entire case of pork.
Me: Oh.

Poor Harry. Even though he's insensitive to everyone else, I'm pretty sure he still has feelings that can be hurt too. I'm waiting for the day I do something stupid at work and get yelled at by Chef Knapp. I will cry. Then he might yell some more. Gosh, I hope that never happens. I'm praying against it. His birthday is Saturday. So is Rachel's. This means Friday should be interesting and full of cake. I hope.

Oh, maybe I'm crazy, but laughing out loud will make the pain pass by. And maybe you're a little crazy, and laughing out loud will make it all subside. Holding, I'm holding out.

I'm worried about my health. I'm going to start paying more attention to it.

When I drink coffee, I can feel my headaches melt away. I noticed this first at Bonnaroo (which thank God had a coffee shop) and I'm noticing it now - here at the Wired Bean. I decided to go to a place I wasn't familiar with. The coffee here is good, but they're out of soy milk. No problem. Skim is good too. There is a guy playing music from his laptop without headphones. That is improper coffee shop etiquette. It is so not busy here.

Sometimes I like to do things alone that I know I'll enjoy, so I can remember that I'm ok by myself. Occasionally I forget that and feel very very small and then I have to go fix it.

I'm supposed to be writing a paper. Ha.

So evidently my phone is broken. The ear piece doesn't work. I can only hear people when I have it on speaker or when it has a headset plugged in. I'll get a courtesy phone on Thursday-ish and then in 3-4 weeks I'll have my phone back or a new one. Something else to look forward to I suppose.

Lalala. Thank you to the people who surround me and love me and let me rant. You are way too awesome for words.

Alison has been looking at real estate in Charleston. I hope she gets a teaching position there that she loves.

It's weird to think how quickly life goes by. In a year, I'll be living in Charleston - managing the Wholly Cow store I worked at in high school. And that'll keep me occupied for a couple of years until I can save money and figure out where I'm going and who I'm going with.

From time to time, minutes and hours. Some move ahead while some lag behind. It's like the balloon, it rise and then vanish. This drop of hope falls from his eye.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Wired Bean is awesome. I have wasted many hours of my life overcaffeinating myself in that little coffee shop.
Me and you need to go there or to some other just-as-awesome place that serves coffee.
And speaking of.. i was at your place of employment the other day and they all practically threw a party when they found out i was Matt's sister. I felt very important.
Lots of useless information in one comment.

Anonymous said...

when you manage that store, i will come eat japanese chicken, and talk with you. :) amanda