Tuesday, June 13, 2006

and i've never felt so speechless in my life.

Everybody's doing it. Listing their choices for Bonnaroo. So, I am, too. I'm such a follower. And I obviously still have decisions to make...

Thursday:
I Nine, 7:15-8:15

Friday:
I Nine, 12-12:30
Ben Folds, 2-3:15
Bright Eyes, 4-5:30
Nickel Creek, 4-5:30
Oysterhead, 5:30-7:30
Robert Randolph, 5:30-7
Death Cab for Cutie, 6:15-7:45
Tom Petty, 8-12

Saturday:
My Morning Jacket, 12-2:30am
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, 2:30-3:30
Mute Math, 3-4
Elvis Costello, 3-4:30
Rusted Root, 3:15-4:45
Blues Traveler, 5:15-6:45
Beck, 5:30-7
Radiohead, 8:30-11

Sunday:
Rusted Root, 1:30-2
Bela Fleck, 3-4:30

And I kind of want to see The Disco Biscuits, but only because they call themselves The Disco Biscuits.

And speaking of music... I'm loving Mute Math right now. So much. I listened to them while I blew the leaves off the patio this morning.

And I just got the new Plumb cd - finally. It's much "harder" than I thought it would be. And when I say hard, I mean like Evanescence not like Killswitch or anything. Ooo. And Chef finally brought me all the cds he told me he would - Wilco, Elvis Costello, Kevin Ayers and The Freddy Jones Band. The latter two are bands from his seventies, crazy days. I'm excited to hear those.

My Mom called and told me she wanted a song called Fireflies. She didn't know who it was. I figured it out for her, bought it on iTunes. I'll make her a cd before Kt leaves next Tuesday, so she can have it. But the point is that the song is adorable. Rebecca danced to it at her recital. I got excited because it talks about fireflies - and well, I have a secret obsession with them.

I believe in fairy tales. And dreamer's dreams, like bedsheet sails. And I believe in Peter Pan. And miracles, and anything I can to get by. And fireflies.

That's a lot about music for right now, so I think I'm gonna quit - ya know, save myself for Bonnaroo blogging later.

(Behold and enjoy the sand sculpture evolution pictures. They're here for your viewing pleasure. Please refrain from touching them. Art is art. Thankyousomuch.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to see Elvis Costello a lot, but I need to see Mute Math more. Decisions.