Sunday, June 04, 2006

the taste of summer sweetness on my mind

A quote: "Oh, no thanks. I'm saving myself for the sea bass."

For a person with no friends, I sure did manage to have an excellent yesterday. I had coffee and an excellent muffin at HouseCoffee - love, right there. I went to the library twice. Drove out to Lexington and went to Books A Million (bought Eat. Pray. Love.), then I went over to the May House (a.k.a. Matt's highschool home) to pick up mail, water plants, check on Mookie the Cat, and look at about six or seven albums containing baby Matt pictures. Adorable. And amusing. Moms are cool that way. Then I went to Rainy Day Used Books and to Wired Bean. Met a guy named Clint there. He was cool. From Red Bank - I think that's supposed to be negative. Whatever. I went to the Art Museum - GO NOW!

I love the exhibit. Julie Heffernan - Everything that Rises. I was pretty sure I was going to be bored by Renaissance -esque painting, but the subjects are a haunting, stream of conciousness meets enchantment. I would totally own one.

I saw Nate Lowe while I was there and we finished up the galleries together. And then we went exploring over on Bull Street - did not know that the Mental Hospital was closed. It's like a little ghost town - and if I believed in ghosts, that's exactly where they would reside. It would have been uber creepy if it had been at night, but it was just really cool during the daytime.

I did lots of other random things, including (but not limited to) going to Jammin Java to help Carole and Stephen close because Carole took my shift for me - God Bless Her. But then so tired, so I went to bed right away.

This morning I got up to do run. Thought better of it and did half of some pilates and some yoga. Much better. Adriana's and Alison followed. Two excellent things for a Sunday. Then Corinne and Mellen came over to picnic in the living room. That was fun. Now, here I am in Lexington again.

I just found out that I seriously lack a green thumb. All Mrs. May's flowers and plants are being watered in addition to myself. I finally figured out the sprinkler and, well, I got soaked. Oops. I like Lexington though. Maybe it's just that I like being so far from the "real world" or at least my real world.

Mmm. Love summer. Miss people. Working on it.

It's a clear day, in this city. Let's go dance under the street lights.

No comments: