Monday, January 07, 2008

as the days keep turning into night

Well, many a night I found myself with no friends standing near. All of my days. I cried aloud. I shook my hands. What am I doing here? All of these days.

I spend a lot of time being frustrated with where and who I am and trying to figure out where I would like to be or what I would like to be or who I would like to be with.

I probably shouldn't do that.

"... God uses the ordinary more often than the extraordinary to transform us into reflections of Jesus. Yes, he takes us to the mountaintop; he shows us great miracles and wonders, but he doesn’t leaves us there because he knows the strength of our faith grows in the day-to-day, mundane work required in the fields and among the flocks we tend.

The things we truly believe emerge in the day-to-day of our lives. It’s the conflicts over who makes the coffee, who cleans up the mess, who gets to go home early, or who gets the biggest piece of pie that test whether it is Christ who lives in us, or if we’re still saying, ‘It is I who live.’

Are you feeling stuck in your circumstances? When the Jewish people were held captive in Babylon, God didn’t send immediate relief; rather, he told them to get on with their lives, living with the faith that he had their best interest in mind. “Marry and have sons and daughters; find wives for your sons and give your daughters in marriage, so that they too may have sons and daughters. Increase in number there; do not decrease. Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.” (Jeremiah 29:5-7, NIV)"
© 2007 Jon Walker. All rights reserved.

Now I see clearly, it’s you I’m looking for all of my days. So I’ll smile, I know I’ll feel this loneliness no more.

No comments: