Thursday, January 31, 2008

But I think everything is gonna be alright...

Looking for inspiration? Design For Mankind

I've learned over the past eight months that it is uncomfortable to stretch yourself. Not in a pilates/yoga type of way, but in a this is not what I thought my life would be like sort of way. I've become a manager of coffee and people and of myself. I've become a more active full time member of a family again and long distance confidante to several.

Often, I think I'm in control (I like to be in control) and I think God finds this highly amusing because whenever I think I'm grounded and I can handle what is coming, then a mess falls in my lap or I fall into my own.

It is easier to deny or be scared of the difficult things in our lives, but I believe that it is our responsibility to embrace them and create the most of our situations.

It's easy to be despondent about a lot of things in my life, but I'm trying to see the forest and not just the trees (I just learned about this whole metaphor...) . And I hope that these experiences now are going to guide me into my future with a clearer head and a more thankful heart.

"Learn and grow all you can; serve and befriend all you can; enrich and inspire all you can." - William A. Ward

... Yes, I hope everything is gonna be alright.

No comments: