Tuesday, January 15, 2008

my dear, we're slow dancing in a burning room

It's not a silly little moment. It's not the storm before the calm.

My IRA grew by 69 cents.

Did you know its better for you to eat two Egg McMuffins than it is for you to eat a bagel and cream cheese? And glazed doughnuts are better for you than cake doughnuts. And if you're going to eat a cheeseburger, then you're better off picking up a quarter pounder than eating a whopper. And no longer can spring rolls be my appetizer of choice. Not to mention ordering a grande 2% capp and two chocolate biscotti still beats a grande white chocolate mocha at Starbucks. Wowza. [For more interesting and horrifying food facts, check out Eat This Not That from Women's Health.]

Can't seem to hold you like I want to, so I can feel you in my arms.

Business is so slow. I'm throwing myself into lots of little projects. Keeping my mind busy. My new running shoes are keeping my body busy - slow and steady wins the race, right?

Also, today I ate a pudding pack with the date November 27, 2007 on it. If I die soon or experience unexpected memory loss, then that might be why.

I got a text message this afternoon that said "I have the most beautiful latte in the whole world in front of me." I'm glad someone knows and loves me well enough to share that with me.

I'm going to Columbia on Friday (for the weekend).

I don't usually listen to this much John Mayer.

Don't you think we oughta know by now? Don't you think we should have learned somehow?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Slow and steady sounds a lot like your skiing mantra of "back and forth." Speaking of which... I wish I could be here this weekend to see you but we'll be in Winterplace. I will think of you "back and forth, back and forth, back and forth..." and maybe when I get to the bottom of a slope, I'll play, "Allll byyyyy myseeeeelf, don't wanna beeee all byyyyy myseeeeelf!" lou