Thursday, January 10, 2008

i'm only good at being young

Yesterday was excellent time spent in Columbia with excellent people. I love that city and it's inhabitants.

And I have been quite productive so far today.

I'm trying to change little things in my life. Things to move me forward or make me happier or to better the lives of those around me.

I think its weird how feelings and circumstances recycle themselves in our lives. I also think its weird how when these things happen, we're always surprised - as if this thing or feeling we are experiencing is brand new. It's usually not new. We usually haven't allowed ourselves to learn anything from the past.

Remember Two Things:

"Selective distortion is the tendency to twist information into personal meanings and interpret information in a way that will fit our preconceptions."

And... Your worth does not change along with circumstance.

I have a lot of books to read and I would like to read The Geography of Bliss, please and thank you. Sometimes I wonder if there will ever be enough time for all the things I would like to do.

Listening to: Iron & Wine - The Shepherd's Dog.

I'm not even listening to John Mayer, but these lyrics are appropriate.

Once in awhile, when it's good, it'll feel like it should and they're all still around and you're still safe and sound and you don't miss a thing 'til you cry when you're driving away in the dark.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I got to see you yesterday! - lou