Wednesday, January 02, 2008

raise a glass and we'll have a cheer

The past four days were very tiring yet too good at the same time. I'm obviously old because I'm used to going to bed much earlier than I did. But I'm glad I took the time off. Moreso, I'm glad I could take the time off. Thank goodness for dependable employees.

I'm (so) glad I got to see my friends. Words cannot express that. And I'm glad I was able to ring in another year with Matt. Maybe I say it too often - or maybe I don't say it enough - but I love him very much. Sometimes it's hard for me to understand.

Last year, I had plans and I knew what was coming to me in a general sense. This year, well, I have no clue. Seriously. I'm doing what I'm doing until I'm not anymore. And it will be frustrating and interesting, but I'll make it through and hopefully, I will be better for it. I mean, 2007 definitely showed me some things I wanted out of life and some that I don't.

And I don't have any resolutions - I have hopes. desires. dreams. needs. wishes and such things. Plus, someone evidently thinks I'm most likely to live happily ever after and that sounds like a good plan to me.

"May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself." -Neil Gaiman

Cause this life is a beautiful one and though I've seen it coming undone I know most definitely that its gonna be you and its gonna be me.

But first thing is first and always the hardest...

"Every year I begin a list of the resolutions I have made for the new year which usually consist of working out more, eating healthier, investing in relationships....etc.. However, although these goals are all wonderful they center completely around bettering ME. My list this year is this alone: "He must become greater; I must become less."-John 3:30"

(bluebirds and chai blog excerpt)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where did the gaiman quote come from? just curious.
-matt