Wednesday, January 16, 2008

i never thought i could love anyone...

The star said, "I have given my heart to another."
"You should have let me take it back then, for my sisters and me. We could have been young again, well into the next age of the world. Your boy will break it, or waste it, or lose it. They all do."
"Nonetheless," said the star,"he has my heart."


Read Stardust by Neil Gaiman. It's a fairly different experience from the movie. Simpler, perhaps. And it still made me smile. Also, listen to Ingrid Michaelson (specifically Die Alone and Breakable and Corner of Your Heart).

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts? Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts. So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess. And to stop the muscle that makes us confess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKE NEIL GAIMAN!!! He's one of my FAAAAAVorites!!!! Have you read "Good Omen"? It's HILARIOUS. It's by both Neil and Terry Prachett. Soooooo good. -lou