Friday, May 19, 2006

it's friday night and i just got paid

Except it's friday morning and I've not been paid and will not be paid today at all. Boo. Still, tgif to you all.

Yesterday, I spent the majority of my day making lemonade and slicing canteloupes. Sounds about as much fun as it really is. I seem to keep having nervous relations with one of my coworkers too. And by nervous relations, I'm nervous I'm going to scream at one inparticular. Holding back. Good.

Yeah, so, 270 people came into the Grille yesterday. Words cannot describe my weariness yesterday. I lacked all desire to be around large groups of people after that. I went to Pecknel and, after much explanation, I was finally allowed to pay for the cello. This was much more of a hassle than it needed to be and P.S. there are a lot of pissed off musicians in Columbia - they hang out at Pecknel on Thursday evenings.

I went to Starbucks and got my free drink which was both good and bad. Good because it was free and full of espresso. Bad because they didn't have caramel sauce for the caramel macchiato I wanted. Iced white chocolate mocha with skim - alright, but not up to my personal tastes.

Anyway, I read my book. A lot of my book. I'll finish it this weekend. And I listened to Pete Schmidt. So, those two things (reading and listening) spurred me into thinking about some very emotional things, then the band outside started playing (annoying), so I walked. I walked down Saluda to Henderson to go home, then I kept walking down Greene to Sumter to Jammin Java. Not sure why. I just did. I ate a cookie there and read some more. I walked back and it started to rain, but it felt real nice.

If it were raining now, I wouldn't have to go to work. Darnit. Oh yeah, I want to go on record as saying I freakin' hate wearing a hat to work. It's not even required by law. It's for the "benefit of the customer." Stupid.

Then Mellen came over last night and so did Jones for a bit. I learned to open a bottle of wine, that Queen Latifah is indeed well endowed and that "pink, it's the color of passion 'cause today it just goes with the fashion." Mmmm. Good times.

Well, that brings us to now. Now when the coffee is brewing and I'm typing. Now when I need to get ready for work. Now when I semi-dread the day before me, but know it will be fine. Excellent. I'm going to get some grog - later yo.

No comments: