Saturday, May 27, 2006

days like this i don't know what to do with myself...

Hi Saturday. Bye Saturday. I think I worked a good fifty hours this week. Body says more. Paycheck says nothing because I still haven’t gotten one. Darn the University and its payment policy. I mean, I’m going to have to pay rent soon.

Today, I worked with Clay at the Java. I clocked in until 4, then I laid around until 5 reading just to make sure he didn’t get busy. So, that means I’m going into hour six of solitude. And I really haven’t spent all that time “alone” either. There has been phone conversation and people coming in and out of my experiences.

I had planned on eating a Blue Cactus tonight, but I realized about half way down there that they were closed. I walked all the way anyway, then I walked around five points and back to my apartment where I walked up and down the hill trying to think of a place to eat. I had no ideas, so I decided to drive. I drove to Harbison taking stock of all the places I was passing. I got on Lake Murray Blvd and drove over the dam and into Lexington. I realized I was semi-lost. I wasn’t worried about it, but I refused to turn around. Lou was the one to call me back and got me to a place where I was no longer confused. I ate at Riviera’s. All by myself. I’ve never done that before. It was good too. I read and ate and talked to my waiter and the other wait staff because I was the only person inside – all the other customers were seated outside.

I drove around Lexington some more afterwards. It’s a nice town. I appreciate it and the fact that it’s not just an extension of Columbia. While I was doing this, I listened to a cd that David gave me last summer right after the breakup. I had mentally refused to listen to it at that time, but now I really like it. So I called him and told him that. We talked for a bit – I miss David. I’m glad he likes Charleston, but I still wish he was here. But that’s just me being selfish.

But now I’m doing laundry and I just ate some green tea ice cream from Sushi Yoshi which was/is good, I’m just not sure if it’s worth $5. I don’t suppose it really matters though. Hmmmm.

Jones is coming over soon. With coffee. Both of these things make me happy.

No comments: